Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bear in Woods Fabrics

Last night I decided on the fabrics for Judy's Bear in Woods quilt along. In "that box" there were many homespun checks, plaids, and stripes. I have decided these will make the bear paws. In darker colors, lots of reds, blues, browns, dark greens. Even a dark black. And the rest I will add in as I go along. I am trying Henrietta's "fly by the seat of the pants method". Hey, it works for her, I will try it! I am going to try to make that quilt mostly out of that box. The only thing that wasn't in there was background. I have plenty of that. It's going to be a scrappy quilt, I love scrappy and bear paws make me think "scrappy". So here are some of those fabrics---

I know it will be more work to cut out from many pieces, but I have decided that this box of fabric had a purpose and this is one of them! And, I really didn't have a stripe in my stash that was even CLOSE TO working. Well, one, but I only had half a yard!

3 comments:

Quiltin' LibraryLady said...

Hey, I recognize some of those fabrics!! They're in my stash too.

MightyMom said...

onna be fun!

Tins and Treasures said...

I wish I had a fabric stash to go to...now that WalMart has closed their department, we don't have a fabric store in Aberdeen. Take care, Natalie

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...