Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday Twitterings

I have another finish! Last night I worked hard and finished the binding on "Jacob's Twirling Ladder". The story behind the one block going the wrong way made me laugh, and I left it! Makes it rather funky looking, but I can do funky! My BF Henrietta had made a quilt, it was the inspiration for this one. I had blogged about it here. When Henrietta was getting ready to mail her quilt, she sent me a picture. She was so PROUD of her beautiful quilt! When I looked at the picture I asked her if she noticed anything about her quilt. Hmmm? The EXACT SAME BLOCK was turned the wrong way! So when I did mine, I quickly hung it on the wall, took a picture to send to her, and then I really started to laugh! Yes, that pesky block had turned on MY quilt. Now, it drove her crazy that the block was turned, but me, I like funky so I left it!

It's a beautiful day, 78F, small breeze so had to use some bricks to anchor the corners! And I love the backing fabric, it is called "Beauty Shop" by Red Rooster Fabrics. This fabric was given to me by a friend who was moving out of state. I have no particular plan for this quilt, I cut it out a couple of years ago, and forgot it in a box.

Tomorrow morning at 7:45am I have to be at the oral surgeon to have that pesky tooth pulled. Wish me luck!

13 comments:

Quiltin' LibraryLady said...

So pretty!! I like quilts with pink in them. Now, if you had turned every other block it would twirl even more.

You'll be glad you had the tooth pulled. I had one with infection under the root, took two doses of Motrin every day for almost a year to keep inflamation under control until my stomach started bothering me. Then the tooth broke anyway so had it pulled about a year ago. So glad I did, no more problems & I haven't bought a bottle of Motrin since.

Howdy said...

I love that quilt... especially with the block turned - it just has a little more character... just a tiny bit of sass! LOL And the story just makes it all the more special!

Pull out some quilting books and mags... tomorrow sounds like a good day to spend on the couch napping with a quilt book in your lap!

JuJu said...

Another beauty ... I like the funky block too! Hope all goes well for you tomorrow. You'll be all better in a few days!

Infinity Quilter said...

Congrats on the finish. Good luck tomorrow!!!

Vicki W said...

The quilt looks great! I like it with the twirling block.

Becky said...

I love your funky block on this quilt. The backing is awesome. Maybe, you should keep this quilt just because it makes you laugh. Good luck at the dentist tomorrow!

Stephanie D. said...

Well, I like the funky block, too, so I'm glad you're keeping it!

Good luck at the dentist's office! And take it easy afterwards.

katie z said...

Looks great! I hope your tooth extraction goes well!

Jackie Russell said...

Very pretty quilt. I like the turned block.

Erin said...

The quilt is gorgous, I love how using just 2 colours can produce stunning results! And the odd block adds character :)

Lori said...

Love the quilt, I was wondering if you were going to change it. Glad you didn't, gives it character. I wish I could get back into quilting.

Hope all went well with the dentist.

MightyMom said...

glad you didn't turn it!! too great!

tis a lovely quilt indeed. but oh, to have a quilt and no plans for it....I can't imagine.

Brenda said...

I love pink and white quilts, they are so fresh looking.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...