Friday, May 1, 2009

Motivation Friday

Well, I've worked hard a few days, and took it easy a few days. The Serenity (not Sanctuary--I keep confusing the name) top is quilted. The binding is made, the edges are stitched and trimmed. Tomorrow I will sew the binding on. The cornerstones are made for the Irish chain. I just have to cut the final borders and sew them on.



I am bummed because a large group of Heartstrings members are in Fremont NE for a sew in and I couldn't go. They are eating out, visiting the UNL Quilt Museum, shop hopping, and sewing. I wish I was there, but know they will have great fun this weekend and still get a lot of sewing done. Hi everyone--I will wave to Julia and all from up north!!

5 comments:

MightyMom said...

I wanna go toooooooo!!!!!



I love that Serenity quilt, it's beeeeeutiful! and your cornerstones will be perfect, but that block looks tiny, how big is it?? little triangles aaaaggghhh!!

pdudgeon said...

i love your new quilt and the quilting too! lots of buttterflies and hearts brings a smile to my face.
it looks so full of Spring!

Stephanie D. said...

Love the quilting on that!

Sue H said...

The serenity quilt looks so very sweet! The quilting looks adorable on it as well.

Becky said...

Sorry you couldn't attend the event. Your Serenity quilt is looking great!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...