Friday, June 22, 2018

Catch Up Friday

Wow, the last two weeks have flown by.  There was the Water Safety Festival with several fun booths--

Cool Hand Tanner!  The cooler is filled with ice water, can you pick up the pennies on the bottom?  This is what happens when you fall in cold water.


I think this is a red tailed hawk.  There were several birds brought in by Royal Gauntlet Birds of Prey from Oklahoma.  They are a research, rescue, and rehabilitation organization.
 

This was a fun exhibit on making huge bubbles--little kids love it!  Go Mikayla!
 

Jason is playing the Water Safety Wheel game.
 

Ashley had just done the Beer Goggles--you try to avoid the water sprinkles while wearing the beer goggles.  Ashley got VERY WET!

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday the boys were camping with the grandparents.


Who needs fancy toys?  Rocks and Grandma's garden tools.
 

 Outside the Aquarium.


The couch in the camper pulls out into a full size bed.  Room for three little boys!  I put my favorite Bricks & Stepping Stones quilt on it.


 The boys were enjoying banana cream pie.
 

KEN enjoyed banana cream pie!

No sewing lately, my right arm has been complaining and I had injections, orders to wear my splint, and do exercises.  Sigh

Its been very wet here, Wednesday we had 4.5" of rain and more earlier in the week.  Water releases from Gavins Point have been reduced because flooding downstream.  

~Lori1R in Wet Nebraska~
 

3 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

It's been pretty soggy here too this past week. It was so good to see the sun today, but I just looked at the radar map & we may have rain before morning.

Your grandsons are getting so big. I remember when the first one was just a baby! Time goes so fast.

I have my Bricks & Stepping Stones quilt on my bed too. It was actually cool enough that I slept under it the past couple of nights.

Hope your arm gets to feeling better quickly. Not being able to sew is a bummer.

Suzanne said...

Spending time with the Grandkids is always the best!

Sandi1100 said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful time! Love the smiles on your grandsons.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...