Monday, February 4, 2019

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Not my design wall nor my quilt--


It's Lorri2Rs!  This was a Kevin the Quilter mystery called Sapphire Stars.  2Rs gave it to Dee for QOV.  

Last week we were with Dee in Nebraska for a Scrap Attack Cutting Party.  It was beastly cold weather to travel in -- Polar Vortex --  but we made it.  We brought lots of supplies--


We hauled it in with 2Rs wagon and filled Dee's living room--Dee was happy to see us but a bit overwhelmed by how much we brought.  When we said "Scrap Attack" Dee thought small scraps.  Surprise, we meant chunks and FQs or small yardage!  But we started in cutting and were VERY productive!


I sorted my chunks and FQs on Dee's floor, couch, chairs--wherever there was room.  Pretty soon we were busy slashing our stash--


CHOP CHOP CHOP!!!  Dee has a large dining room table we worked at.  What all did we cut? 


I cut two Log Cabins (1.5" strips) two Log Cabins (2" strips), an Ohio Star, a Churn Dash, and 50 Snail Trail blocks (25 for Shakespeare in the Park).  7 quilts!  2Rs weighed the trimmings--I had 4# of slivers.  We sorted off anything usable and put it in Dee's string box--she has two groups that make string quilts for donation.   We neatly bagged and tagged what we cut.  The Go Cutters made quick work of what we brought.  I could have cut more but really--7 quilts is enough for now.  How much did 2Rs cut?  More than I did--she had 8# of trimmings!  And we mean tiny bits!  I brought home lots of pressed FQs and the never ending box of neutral scraps.  Probably 125 pressed FQs and 8# of neutral scraps (yes we weighed them).  They are going underneath the spare bed, they are pressed flat, I'm not folding them up.  

Weekly Goals--

Put away what came back from Nebraska
SEW SEW SEW SEW

Yes, that's the plans for this week.  Its beastly cold again today.  Good weather to stay inside and sew.  


Have a great week!  

~Lori1R in South Dakota~

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on Kevin's Mystery and cutting all of those kits!!!

Sara said...

Way to make that cutting process fun!

And Lorri2R’s quilt was gorgeous.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

I can see why your friend Dee might have been a little overwhelmed by what all you girls brought with you! But you got a LOT done and had some fun as well. That's all that matters.

Hate this cold weather, but as I'm still neck deep in genealogy I at least have something to do inside. I keep getting on the computer a falling down the rabbit hole of finding more & more stuff. I will have to stop and get some quilts & things ready for the group's annual display at the library.

Kat said...

Wow, that is a lot of cutting and a lot of scraps! Well done for being so productive!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...