Friday, May 1, 2020

Happy May Day

A beatiful day in South Dakota, a bit windy but 83°. I bet the dandelions will grow like, well, like WEEDS!

My OMG for April was to quilt the Jacob's Ladder quilt--
Its now waiting for a binding.  Yah!!

My OMG for May is to quilt TWO boy quilts.  Both were made by Mary in SD--

Both are blue/brown quilts.  Its such an easy task to quilt Mary's quilts, I enjoy every moment.  I do minimal quilting on them, the piecing is always perfect and design eye catching.  The first one is loaded, maybe I can start quilting this weekend.  I'm linking to Elm Street Quilts

Have a great May! 

Lori1R in South Dakota

6 comments:

Mary in SD said...

aw, gee, thanks, Lori! I enjoy piecing them for you and for the guys who will receive them. These are so much fun to do because I feel a little free-er to put together fabrics and designs.

Mary in SD

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Since you're busy quilting at home you must not be volunteering at Gavin's Point yet. Didn't see any campers in the volunteer RV area when we went past yesterday. Our daughter-in-law and her parents and aunt rented lots for their campers in the Yankton RV park so we went up so grandpa could take our two youngest grandkids fishing in Lake Yankton. They each caught three little bluegills. It was fun to see them so excited over each little fish they caught. Had to take them back to the camper so grandpa could clean them and mom could cook them for their supper. Also got my summer tan started with a nice sunburn. I think my sun block was too old to work any more. Guess I'll have to spring for a new tube.

Suz J said...

Love your Jacobs Ladder quilt. My first ever quilt was based on this design so it brings back fond memories.

SueR said...

I made a Jacob's Ladder a long time ago, still a favorite pattern. You certainly did a lovely job on the quilting. Is it hand guided or comuterized?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Jacob turned out SEW gorgeous, Lori! Have fun with those client quilts. Gotta LOVE the well pieced ones!

Patty said...

Very nice! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...