Friday, June 26, 2020

Adapting Slowly

I'm slowly working with the new tablet.  Most the time I can figure it out.  Today another new piece of technology arrived, an Arteck HB030B bluetooth keyboard.  I have it linked to my tablet, I do prefer typing on a keyboard, old school I guess.
I ordered this from Amazon for $16.99, I'll see if I wasted the money.  The smaller keyboard doesn't bother me, I had a small keyboard on the netbook I used for years.  

My days are usually fairly busy but once in a while I can do this--
I sit outside the booth and sew binding.  The booth faces west so about the only time I can do it is Fridays and Saturdays from noon until 3pm, after that the shade is gone.  It was beautiful today and I had nothing else to do but check in campers and answer questions--which I can do from the porch.  I have a good "outside" voice!  

No piecing, no fabric shopping, but I did buy a smoker, I've wanted one for a couple years.
Camo is not my thing but the price was right.  Hopefully I'll get it put together on Sunday or Monday.  

My favorite Hibiscus is here and has started to bloom--
I love flowers, hopefully there will be others blooming before long.  The bird feeders are up--
and there was WAR!!!  I was 3 ft away from him in the camper and he totally ignored all my yelling!  I threw on my flipflops and chased him with a flyswatter!  Since then I have put a 4" PVC pipe around the bird feeder post, he cannot climb that.  So far he hasn't tried dive bombing it from the tree, but its quite a leap even for a squirrel.  Orioles, finches, nuthatches, song sparrows, chickadees have found the feeders.  No hummers, cardinals, blue jays, grosbeaks, or some of the other birds I saw where I camped in previous years. 

Next week is already the 4th of July.   Summer is half over, how is that possible??

Lori1R in Nebraska

No comments:

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...