Wednesday, July 29, 2020

OMG--July

OMG for July was to finish binding Honeycomb--


It's a BIG quilt--about 104"x110".   The fence is more than 8 foot tall and there is at least 20" on the ground.  I dyed the backing, attempted to get a teal, but its more of a slate blue. I quilted it with the panto hyacinth--leafy fronds.
Bias binding and rounded corners, stripes are so much fun!
(Ignore the loose thread.)  😉  This is a copy of an antique quilt, somewhat like an Irish Chain but not quite.  I pulled blender type strips in colors I liked.  The border and binding fabric were bought at the guild rummage sale last fall.  I'll link with Elm Street Quilts.

Except for binding the campground job keeps me busy.  I miss piecing but there are a lot of binding projects to be done.  

I miss shopping.  More time spent on the internet, I value the tutorials at Jordan Fabrics so I ordered some fabric from them.  I felt my stash was a bit stale, I needed some "zinger" fabrics.  There was a Kaffe Fassett mystery bundle, that should have zinger fabrics!
These prints will add interest to any quilt.  I also ordered some Kaffe Fassett yardage--
I've wanted to make a brown quilt someday, the middle fabric is a prospective border, the flowers are BIG.  I just liked the two prints with circles.  

Its almost August.  Sigh.  Can we start summer over?  

Lori1R in Nebraska

7 comments:

Sara said...

I would vote for starting summer over again too. The quilt is stunning and you can never go wrong with a striped binding. Good job!

deeinnebraska@gmail.com said...

Beautiful quilt, Lori.
Hugs.

sewspeciallady said...

Beautiful quilt. Will fit your bed well

compusword said...

OMG, that quilt is stunning! The panto is just dense enough for all that negative space. Drooling on the monitor, staring at your quilt. Liz in Houston

cityquilter grace said...

wow that hourglass is gorgeous! and can always count on kaffe for zing...love your bundle..

Nann said...

What a honey of a quilt! It's really spectacular. And after that you deserve some new fabric. As for starting summer over . . . how about all of 2020? I have to keep reminding myself that it is still July.

Patty said...

Wowza! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...