Friday, April 25, 2008

A Baby Quilt


Today I finished and wrapped a baby quilt for a co-worker of my husband. The baby was born a few weeks early so I was scrambling to finish it! He only suggested I make one LAST WEEKEND so I was kinda under the gun. But I pulled out that handy dandy pile of pastels and made a Bricks and Stepping Stones Baby Quilt! And used some of that fleece I got last week that was 50% off, I even used the "Wandering Daisies" panto that was on the table with some "King Tut Mummy Dearest" varigated thread I had wound already. Made some bias binding out of stripe fabric, so that looked like pretty barber pole piping around the edges. All in all, I think it turned out fine. (Oh--it was a girl--Phoebe Ann Marie!!)

On to the weather. At least 2" of rain yesterday, then it turned to ice and snow. And snow. AND SNOW!!! It's knee deep in places. There is a finch bag hung outside my kitchen window, and they must be hungry--sometimes there were five finches hanging on it eating. My poor hyacinth are blooming under the snow.

6 comments:

Pat said...

The baby quilt done in pastels is stunning! and you made it sooo fast. Snow!??! hopefully it won't stick around very long this time of year...we are suppose to get a light dusting of snow over the weekend here in Wisconsin. wow...will winter never end?!

JuJu said...

Love the quilt, again, another to cross off your list! Sorry about the snow, raining and chilly here!
Julia

Sue R said...

I really like the Bricks and Stepping Stones pattern but have never seen it done in pastels. What a great idea, and it really does look great. I am so thankful the snow is gone here in Maine. My daffodils are finally blooming!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It is absolutely adorable in pastels! Looks soft and snuggleable.

Cheers!
Evelyn

Suze said...

And right now I am printing that Brick and Stepping Stone pattern.

I might even make that one next.

Bingo~Bonnie said...

what a pretty baby quilt! I would have never thought to place black with pastels - but I am sure the baby will love looking at the contrast! ;)

I can't imagine snow this time of year! yikes!

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...