Saturday, April 5, 2008

My Husband Bought Me A Treasure

When my husband goes to an auction, he often brings me home "treasures". You know what I mean, pots and pans, a desk, (which I absolutely love)Adirondack lawn chairs. I love green, I collect sewing machines, so look what he bought me. (Lots of laughing and rolling on the floor here) Someone redid the cabinet and bench in a green. Not an UGLY green thank goodness. And the machine is very nice, a Singer 15-91 made in 1948. She sews well, and the decals are in very nice shape. A little cleaning and oiling and I have a wonderful new "treasure".

I loaded the light/dark heartstrings quilt today and I am quilting it using Keryn Emmerson's Limetree panto. It's not too fussy, and it flows nicely. Just what I was looking for to put on a man type quilt.

7 comments:

Remus-Adrian M. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Henrietta said...

AND what does wife number two get? I am jealous!

Sue R said...

That looks like a nice little machine. How does she run?

Mary said...

I like this pantograph Lori, thanks for the link. Love the new machine too. I've been toying with the idea of looking for one but with the new townhouse, I'll need a shoehorn to get the things we already have to fit so I guess I'll do without.

Henrietta said...

Mary you need to learn to think sideways, its not a sewing machine its a SIDETABLE.

Leah S said...

What a beautiful machine!! Of course, the green drew me in too. ;) I think I need to start getting my 15-91 in usable condition. A little courage, a good cleaning, a new belt and it should be ready for piecing. Maybe it'll be a lot of cleaning... I know it hasn't been used since before I was born. :P

keryn said...

Lovely little machine, what a nice present to get. Can you ever have too many machines?

Glad you like Limetree,it's one of my favourites too.

I love your cutting table in the last post, it's great to have items with that much history attached.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...