Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sunday Stash Report

Time to update my numbers--
 

Stash In-- 114.00 yards yds
Stash out--18.00 yds
Stash in YTD--163.25 yds
Stash out YTD--95.00 yd


Stash is ahead 68.25 yards!

Oh my!!  In addition to the 100 yards in boxes I bought 2 yards of lights, 9 yards of neutral backgrounds, one yard for a binding, and two yards for borders.  There was nothing in my stash for the borders, and I wanted the binding to match the border, and I had used all that fabric.  The neutral backgrounds were on a clearance table, I paid average of $2.50 yd for them.  A four yard piece and a 5 yard piece.  I have a couple new starts where I would like all one background that is a neutral print, and these will work perfectly.  My stash never has enough lights, I have to consciously buy them.  Please see everyone's stash reports at Patchwork Times.

~LORI~



7 comments:

swooze said...

I believe that drive by stashing and sniper stashing should be calorie free.

Vic in NH said...

Wow, I needed to catch up around here! I love your Allietare and it was worth it to go outdoors to photograph it! But I also love your flimsy's, too! Bricks & Stepping stones, and cozy cabins is now on my to-do list. Thanks for all your inspiration! Praying that your tooth will make it to July 1st.

Joy D said...

I am right there with you....neutrals seem to be missing in my stash too. I try to purchase some along the way, but I think I use more neutrals than anything else. Have a blessed week!

Kate said...

Sometimes you have to add to use, those neutrals are one of those buys that are essential.

Sara said...

When you can get a bargain like $2.50/yd then it would be sinful to pass it up. Great bargain hunting.

Rhonda said...

Whoa! What a great haul at $2.50/yard. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to pass up such bargains, either. You use a lot of fabric though so your net numbers will go down quickly.

Tired Teacher said...

I always look for good deals on neutral fabrics, too. I use it a lot.

Love all the blocks AND your sewing set up in the camper. Happy stitching.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...