Monday, July 24, 2017

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Yesterday I made 12 RSC Blue Spool blocks-


These were made from my scrap basket.   Making blocks from scraps takes more time than cutting from yardage and chain piecing.  I'm not sure how many of these I've made already, but I know I need at least 195 for a quilt.  I am linking up with Small Quilts and Dolls Quilts blog.

Weekly Goals--

Piece more RSC blocks
Hoytyville
Bind a quilt

Volunteering will take up a lot of my spare time this week.  The Visitor Center is a huge building.  There are five large air conditioner units to cool it.  All summer three have been broke down and need replacing, so we were happy when this truck pulled up this morning--


We are hoping for more cool air soon.  The only units cooling at the VC were in the theater, and we have many large fans moving cool air to the rest of the building.  

This is a "new" blog.  My old one has so many quirks I can't seem to fix I will be posting at this "new" address.  

https://dakotacityquilterii.blogspot.com/

~LORI in Nebraska~

6 comments:

Vic in NH said...

Whoohoo, I sure hope that the AC gets all fixed at the Visitor Center! The new blog looks great!

Sara said...

The new blog looks good and hopefully will solve the issues you've been having. Too bad the AC guys couldn't have arrived a couple of weeks ago. :-) But it will feel good to have more cool air.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Your new blog looks good! Hope the AC guys get it fixed...too hot to be without.

Tired Teacher said...

Great looking blocks!

It's been HOT here, too, but thankfully no humidity.

Anonymous said...

I hope the a/c works at this crucial time of year!

Teresa

PaulaB quilts said...

Nice photo of the lake, and such sweet bunnies. I also have a newish blog address, the only one now, pbudinger63@gmail.com

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...