Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Weekend in Review

Most of the weekend was mundane chores.  Vacuuming.  Defrosting the fridge.  Spray the weeds.  But I snuck in a little sewing/cutting time.  Sunday morning Ken was sleeping in the recliner so I took my cutting mat outside.


It was shady and cool, the awning was out and the umbrella up.  One of the things I worked on was 4 patches for a Bricks and Stepping Stones quilt.


Its a continuous project, I must have made at least ten by now.  I've used all sorts of colors for the four patches--red, black, brown, blue, purple.  Sometimes a scrap isn't big enough for a 5" charm, but I can get a 3.5"x6.5" brick from it.  

Nature is everywhere if you look.  Cecely was watering the flowers and found this--


Cecely has good eyes to spot him in the flowers--


He looks like another stem unless you are looking for him.

I have two birdhouses hanging by the camper.  The bluebirds raised a brood and now the Wrens are nesting in them.  The one by my camper had six eggs and one baby chick last week, they were just hatching.  Now there is a pile of babies in there--


Not sure if there are seven chicks in there--just a big pile of babies.  The other birdhouse has eggs--four of them.  The mother scolded me as I photographed them.  


I love to watch the birds out my windows.  The sewing nook has a great view of most the feeders, and if I turn the sprinkler on the birds are VERY happy!

No goals as far as quilting this week.  Hoytyville is progressing, I hope to finish the blocks for TWO quilts by next week.  No binding, I really need to buckle down and work on finishing a top.  

Its hard to believe the summer is half over.  I want it to be April again.  

~LORI in Nebraska~

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Great progress on your quilt units. The outdoor cutting station looks inviting.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

April would be nice....no humidity.

Even when it humid in the morning I like to shut the AC off and open the window next to my chair a few inches so I can hear the wrens sing. The hubby has put several birdhouses out so there are lots of them.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...