Monday, November 27, 2017

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

These blocks are on my wall-


Quarter Log Cabin blocks.  Its a free pattern.  

Remember when I cut a big basket of 2.5" strips to take in the camper in May?  This is one of the patterns I made with them.  I have enough Quarter Log Cabin blocks for two boy size tops.  I'm linking up with Quilting is more Fun than Housework. This pattern has NO BACKGROUND--perfect for making a Hug quilt. 

 It's been busy here.  Last week we picked up a "new to us" camper--


I hope we like it, one more slide and a rear kitchen--I like a rear kitchen in a camper.  

Last night I tried a new recipe--Plain Crumb Platz

  
I changed it a little, I added about 1/2 c. of mini chocolate chips sprinkled on the dough before the topping.  I followed the directions but think I needed a bigger pan than the recipe calls for--the dough really puffed up but it has a tender crumb and very good.

And I'm inviting you to join an Irish Chain Challenge.  We're doing this on Stashbusters and I'm inviting you to play along.  Irish Chain quilts can be anything you want--vintage to a more classic look.  This is the book I'm using--


Its a GREAT book--single, double, and triple Irish chains.  Charts for using 1.5", 2.0", or 2.5" strips.  Pressing directions.  It breaks each size down for yardage or number of strips. All sizes of quilts too. Search for Irish Chain images--and prepare to be overwhelmed.  Mine will be a triple, using a soft yellow background, and "mostly" scrappy.  This is a quilt for ME. 

Remember all those magazines and books I brought home from the guild's rummage sale?  I have a small stack beside the bed for late night reading--


Best purchase ever!  

Weekly Goals--

Cut Irish Chain Strips
Finish last six seams on Quarter Log Cabin
Put a new project on the design wall
Sew more binding

That will keep me busy.  Have you put your Christmas decorations up?  I'd like to put our tree up and find the Christmas quilts.

~Lori in South Dakota~   

8 comments:

Sara said...

Love that half log cabin and how you've arranged them. Looks great. My tree is up, but no other decorating has happened. But I did sew a little this afternoon finally.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

That looks like a pretty good sized camper. Should give you plenty of room over the summer. Will inside pics be coming?

I keep hauling a piece of canning equipment downstairs every time I go down if my hands will be empty. One of these days the tree parts will need to come up. Have been thinking about digging out the quilts that pass for Christmas quilts. I hate to admit it, but every year my desire to decorate for holidays gets less and less.

Tired Teacher said...

Oooh, I like the half log cabin and your block setting. Looks like a great scrap buster.

My tree is up, but not decorated. I hope to get that done tomorrow.

Sandi1100 said...

Love your quarter log cabin blocks! I also buy magazines at quilt shows as I like to look through them also. Glad to see you Blogging.

Nann said...

You've got a lot going on! The quarter logs are great, especially with that layout. Hope you enjoy the camper. (It looks HUGE!) I have AP&Q back to issue #1 and I have QN to the double digits . . . but I scoop up back issues on the guild table and (re)discover projects that I'd like to try.

Marsha Cooper said...

A small stack...that's funny! Last month the evening guild had their member rummage sale. One lady had nothing but years and years of magazines. I refrained from buying any.

I love your camper!! That is my dream...traveling in a camper...and sewing all the time, of course.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your quilt looks great! And have fun with the Irish Chain Challenge - look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Suzanne said...

Your wall blocks are great stash busters. I am thinking about the Irish Chain Challenge....

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...