Sunday, November 12, 2017

I'm Back!

Its been a busy month. No more volunteering until next year.  


October 9th we moved the camper home.  October 12th I went to Sioux Falls for guild.  Friday I helped hang quilts for the quilt show.  Saturday was spent with the grands, and Lorri2Rs and I went to the quilt show on Sunday.  A few pictures from the show--






 
Quilt photos are missing the edges because I could not get any further away when taking pictures.  Did I buy anything at the quilt show?  Two boxes of used magazines and books for $2 each.  A hand quilting PVC quilt frame in the original box for $2.  That's it.

And when I got home with the camper we discovered OUR FRIDGE IN THE HOUSE WAS DYING! ARRGGH!


Luckily we have another fridge in the basement but it got old running up and down the steps.  This is the new fridge--a french door with freezer on the bottom.  No more bending when looking for leftovers.  This was delivered a couple weeks later.

The Monday after the quilt show I was doing this--


That's my job--running the combine.  A few small breakdowns but nothing major.  


My lunch box in the combine.  The pliers is to turn the heater on--the knob turns hard so I used a pliers.  The heater works well--nice and toasty but ITS NOISY.  I alternated turning the heater on and becoming deaf with turning it off and getting cold.  Oh well.  We got done!


Only one flat tire this year.  Yippee!!  We finished harvest the day before Halloween so I was able to visit the boys and hand out candy at their house while they went round the neighborhood with their parents.  Unfortunately they brought home more candy than I was able to hand out!

I'm stilling putting stuff away from the camper.  Very little sewing.  I did finish a few things--




I did not make these quilts.  All I had to do was quilt and bind them.  Judy in MO furnished two of the backings.  So the amount of yardage leaving my stash was 7.5yds. (The quilts finish about 75x90")  Thank you Liz, Mary, and Judy.  It was a pleasure to quilt your tops.  They have been donated to McCrossan Boys Ranch.   

Bonnie Hunter's mystery On Ringo Lake starts soon.  The color choices are favorites--melony orange, teal, and brown.   Saturday I did a little stash enhancing--


My stash has some of the melons, but I needed teals and brown.  I bought one brown-that is all the quilt store had where I shopped.  (Its a small store).  My stash has little teal or brown because I LOVE those colors and use them up as fast as I buy them!  Bonnie said try a salmony pink so I bought one of those too.



Oh, during all this my DISH TV in the sewing room needed fixing, and I had to move stash off the shelves (the cable runs behind them).  The first tech didn't have the part, and I waited another week for the 2nd tech.  He was here Saturday and I've been sorting and refolding stash.  The pinks, purples, oranges, yellows, golds, and browns have been resorted and moved.  Well, guess that takes care of one section of stash sorted this month!

Still plenty of sorting and putting away.  There are binding projects beside my chair.  Maybe now I can get back to sewing.  This summer I made several sets of blocks.  Fall in the City is still on the design wall, only three long seams left on it.  

And Moustache has moved in with Laura Beth, Nick, and the boys--



He sleeps on LB and Nick's bed, says its the very soft.  And he loves his new mother!  If its story time he climbs up and settles in.  I'll try to check in more often now. 

Lori in South Dakota
 

9 comments:

Vic in NH said...

Beautiful bevy of quilts for you to show off to your friends!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Good to have you back!

Such beautiful quilts at your quilt show.

Bet the boys are loving their kitty!

Tired Teacher said...

Finishing the harvest with little difficulty is a good thing! Equipment is loud: I'm pretty sure that's why I have hearing loss - too much time in the tractor.

I love all the quilts, but whoa, such tiny pieces in many of them!

BH's mystery quilt colors are beautiful. I'm tempted to join in the fun, but I've got too many irons in the fire right now.

Sharon said...

Missed you. Glad to see you back. What do you harvest in October? I grew up in eastern Montana, and don't remember harvesting anything in October.

Sara said...

Welcome back! You have been busy, busy, busy! I must admit that I LOVE the colors for this year's mystery but haven't looked for any in my stash or thought about buying any yet. I haven't spent much time sewing lately and have a mess in my sewing room to clean up before thinking more about the mystery. Maybe it will inspire me to clean.

Nann said...

Glad to read your post again, Lori. It's good to get away and it's good to be home. Thanks for the quilt show pictures!

Mary said...

"All I had to do was quilt them...." Ha ha ha - ALL you did was quilt our tops. And bind them, too. Please don't underestimate what the quilting and binding means, and how important your talent, skills, experience and equipment are!

Mary, of the Stars and Horses quilt top

Suzanne said...

Welcome back to blogland! You have been one busy lady. All the quilts are beautiful.

Moneik said...

I pulled fabrics for the BH mystery and am exchanging pinks for the coral color. I just need to finish piecing the En Provence blocks.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...