Thursday, November 1, 2018

OMG

My October OMG was to finish binding Strip Twist--


YAH!!  Its done!  This will be a boys donation qulit.  I estimate 8yds of stash used.  The backing was donated by Judy B in MN--


Don't you love those skull & crossbones?  Thank you Judy B!!  I'm linking with Elm Creek Quilts.  My OMG for November--can I have two?  I will bind Mary's Orange quilt and keep up with Double Irish Stars QAL.  I'm linking with Elm Street Quilts OMG.

And a Rant/Pet Peeve.  Parking in handicapped spaces or where there is NO PARKING drives me crazy.  This was the second time in a couple weeks the same vehicle parked this way (Walmart Yankton SD)--


This vehicle is parked where the handicapped vans park, the extra room is for parallel parking.  If a handicapped van that needs the extra room for a ramp/lift wants to park there--they can't.  It caught my eye because its from the same county in South Dakota I am from--

There wasn't a handicapped license plate or hanging card.  Ken says I am assuming they were not handicapped etc, but that is no excuse for parking there.  Its a NO PARKING ZONE.  And they blocked the handicapped space!   Off my soapbox now.  

LORI1R in South Dakota

5 comments:

Sara said...

I'll stand right with you on that soapbox!!

Another great scrappy quilt. It has a nice masculine look to it.

Mary in SD said...

I'm jumping up and down hoppin'-mad right along with ya on the parking thing.

Great quilt - great stashbuster, too.

I have one "boy quilt" top pieced and binding made for you to quilt, if you're still willing. I'll do some more over the winter, if you can handle more.

grammajudyb said...

I too, stand with you on your soap box. I can't believe some people!!
Love your "boy quilt" and the backing!

Suzanne said...

We need a bigger soap box....It drives me crazy! Where I live, people drive the really big trucks and people park across a couple of parking spaces and sometimes cut off the handicapped parking. Blah! Good luck on your OMG project.

Susan said...

Your October finish is great. Some boy is going to love both sides of that quilt. Best of luck with your November hopes, too.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...