Monday, December 3, 2018

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

A Four Patch quilt is on the wall--


Four long seams left.  Then its OFF THE WALL!!  Next I think I'll put these back on the wall and do the final placement of blocks--


Its from a magazine and is called Sunny Squares by Kate Colleran.  I found the sixteen patch blocks a few weeks ago and I remembered what they were for.  Made the alternate blocks and its ready to sew together.  

Weekly Goals--

Sew another set of blocks together
Sew on binding

Enough, I'll pull something else out if I get these done

Recently Myra posted this on Stashbusters--
  • Quilting is a Multi-million dollar a year industry
  • Quilting is international in scope
  • Quilters are considered artists
  • Quilters are young and old, male and female
  • Some quilts are worth five figures or more in money
  • There are numerous museums devoted entirely to quilts
  • There are academic studies devoted to quilts
  • Quilters donate their own time, money, supplies and skills to many charitable causes  
Quilters value yourselves!  


You know I hate how people park in "no parking" areas where there is dedicated parking for handicapped vans--


I saw the people who got in the car.  Definitely not handicapped.  Just lazy.  How sad.  Another Yankton Walmart parking lot picture.  

I plan to get lots of sewing done, I need to create tops to quilt in the New Year.

~Lori1R in South Dakota~

7 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

I keep looking for JUST the right setting for my Tiny Nines. This setting for your 4-Patch blocks my be a good solution for me. Thanks for the inspiration (and off to find paper and my colored pencils!!)

Sara said...

The top quilt with the 4-patches is really awesome!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

It's always fun to see what you are working on. I really like the Four-Patch.

Don't you think people are just too lazy to walk the few extra steps to the store so they park where they know they shouldn't? Where's a cop when you need one.

Vicki in MN said...

I love your 4 patch quilt, but what got me over to your blog from Em's is because it said SD quilter. I am orginally from SD too, east side.

Susie H said...

Love both these quilts! One bold with 4-patches and the other so cheerful.

Joni said...

Great post. Your four patch will be stunning. I am equally enamored with the 16 patch design. I applaud you in your parking lot efforts. My dad is a quad in a wheelchair and we do not use the handicap spots if at all possible because we feel they should be left for those who are more challenged than we are.

Becky said...

Please don't judge disability from what you see. You can't see heart disease and such. Even though they look fine, they may not be so.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...