Monday, January 7, 2019

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

These blocks are on the wall--


This is Hoytyville #2.  I'm sewing it together in between other projects.  These tops were on the wall too--


Stay Center is a free pattern at APQS.  Dee in Nebraska and Lorri2Rs swapped blocks with me.  Swapped blocks make a quilt extra special.  I added a row of brown blocks because I wanted it a bit bigger and I love brown.


These Jacob's ladder blocks were made for the RSC.  Its 72", I don't like square quilts so I'm considering added a pieced border at the top.  Its scrappy with scrappy neutrals so adding a pieced border will be easy.  Maybe.  

Weekly Goals

Prep one quilt top and backing to quilt
More Hoytyville sewn together
Press scraps

I am about one month behind schedule due to late harvest.  So I doubt any quilting will happen before February 1st.   But my favorite word to describe my progress is "plod".  Lots of plodding is being done!

Later this month 2Rs and I will road trip to visit Dee in Nebraska.  We are having a "cutting party".  Lots of fabric scraps will bite the dust!  Dee and 2Rs have Accuquilt cutters.  My goal is strips for a couple log cabin quilts.  Its been a while since I made one, but I admire them.  What is more comforting than a log cabin quilt?  So I will press what scraps I can ahead of time and lay them flat in a large tote.  What quilt do you think of as "comforting"?  Is it the color, the pattern, the fabric, the maker?  

Anne on Stashbusters had this quote in her post--

When Pooh asked Piglet what day it was and Piglet said "It's Today"...Pooh's response: "Oh good, its my my Favorite Day!" 

I love it!!!  Make today your favorite day!!


~Lori1R in South Dakota~

7 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Have a Happy Scrap Cutting Day!! I'm still trying to decide which quilt I want to get started on cutting for now that Christmas is finally over. Risinger Christmas was yesterday. Sorted and put away the Christmas decorations today, still have to put the tree in it's coffin for another year.LOL Put out a few snowmen decorations today. Ready for anything now!

Sharon said...

I love all your scrappy quilts - so colorful. I can't believe what a prolific quilter you are. I don't get near as much done. (What is your later in the year harvesting crop? I grew up in eastern Montana, and our harvest was August.) It looks like your new year is off to a good start. Have a good one.

karenbbsnow said...

Plodding, great word that also describes my quilting journey. For me, the comfort of quilts is in the making and I hope the recipients find as much comfort snuggling under them.

Sandi1100 said...

Hi Lori, I love seeing your scrappy quilts (and also the Irish Chain that wasn't). You get so much done! I don't really have a favorite quilt but love to working on one although I'm not real fond of quilting on my dsm. Keep up the good work!

Lcrrkhs said...

Log Cabins are the bestest!

Sara said...

Again, some great scrap projects. I really like Hoytyville. It is so modern looking. And log cabins are always good.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

You have some great scrap quilts in the works. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...