Monday, January 21, 2019

Design Wall Monday, Stash Report, and Weekly Goals

The Red/White Nine patch blocks are still on the wall--


I've sewn more of them together.  Yesterday I made some Garlic Knot blocks-


All week I've been sorting scraps and small pieces of yardage.   The smaller scraps have been turned into this--


At least 300 5" charms and 300 Bricks.  And two heaping mounds of 2.5" squares were added to the squares box--


I also made a "Garlic Knots" kit.


 Ready for mindless piecing!  But all this trimming made a huge pile of trash--


If it was smaller than a 2.5" square I tossed it.  Every stack of fabric has been pulled out, sorting off the small pieces.  This hasn't been done for 3-4 years.  Time for Stash Turnover! 

Stash Report--

I added 6 yards of white to dye for a backing
I finished the doll quilt for 3/4 yd

Stash is ahead by 5.75 yards 

Weekly Goals

Prep a top to quilt
Organize the scraps etc I am taking to the NE Cutting Party
Sew more of the R/W top together


Do you do Scrap Attacks?  How do you deal with scraps?  

~Lori1R in South Dakota~
 

7 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

My husband would be digging through your throw-away pile looking for pieces for making gun cleaning patches. LOL

I'm really liking the looks of your squares & 9 patches project.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your garlic knots. It is on my bucket list.

cityquilter grace said...

love the 9-patch quilt...scrap management is nearly a full time job...LOL

Cathy said...

That's a LOT of cutting at one time.

And I sure see some useful pieces in that trash pile! ;-)
They have to be less than an inch for me to throw pieces away. And then they really don't get thrown away but thrown on the paths in the flower garden. One woman's trash...

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

It looks like I am not the only one that wants to dive into that trash pile. Mine probably looks similar but other peoples scraps are always so tempting!

Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Katie Z. said...

Good for you, taking care of all those scraps! It’s great to know your limits, and isn’t it funny how different that is for everyone? I won’t keep 1” squares, but I will keep 1” strips!

AnnieO said...

I'm with you--I don't save strings or pieces smaller than 1.5" There are folks who would stuff those into a pillow for a dog bed, but I'm afraid I'm not that selfless :)

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...