Monday, May 27, 2019

Design Wall Monday, RSC, Weekly Goals

These blocks are on my design wall--



Six orange churn dash blocks and one dark blue--because I had a dark blue scrap.  All cut with the Accuquilt 9" churn dash die.  Eventually I will have enough for a quilt. 

There are lots of scraps in my stash.  Here is where I found the scraps I used--


A laundry basket full!  I pulled out possible scraps to slash and pressed them--


They are laid over the drawer to my sewing cabinet.  Don't they look like fun?  I can hardly wait to slash them! But I am at the camper, will have to go home this week (hopefully I find time) and pack my sewing.  All I have with me right now is binding.  I MISS piecing!  Found a picture from when I quilted earlier in May--


 

I had stuck my foot through it!  Not a problem, I hand sewed it in place and you will never find it after its quilted.   

Weekly Goals

Binding
9" Churn Dash blocks
Garlic Knots blocks
Island Batik project
Anything else that looks like fun!


This weekend I tidied up my camping site, planted tomatoes and flowers in pots.  But my favorite is my flag--


Today is Memorial Day, a day of remembering those who protected and fought for our country.  It always feels more like home when I put the flag out, I have solar spotlights on it so it can be displayed 24/7.  I have many good memories of Memorial Day.  Extended family would visit, attend Memorial Day services at the cemetery, the placing of flowers on family graves.  I'm glad I live in America!

~Lori1R in Nebraska~

5 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

While I'v never torn a hole in the batting by stepping on it, I've come close. My tennis shoes with the rubber soles catch on the batting & so do my sandals with the velcro closures on the straps. When it's warm enough in the basement I prefer stocking feet or flip flops. For some reason the flip flops don't catch on the batting.

Sara said...

I’ve pieced batting quite often - using leftover sections to make a larger piece. It seems to work just fine. Enjoy your little “home away from home” at the campground.

The Joyful Quilter said...

ROFL!!! No. Can't say that I've ever put my foot through the quilt batting (but thanks for a really good laugh!)

Moneik said...

I call it Frankenbatting. I just made one last night as I had cut a chunk off for another quilt and then was short for the runner I made. I keep most of my batting at my dad's house where my quilt frame is, so I had to make it work. The quilt show is less than 2 weeks away and I have 3 quilts to finish still. Enjoy your camping. We un-winterized this weekend and plan to go again next week.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh Oh Love your churns!!! One of my favorite blocks!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...