Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Finding Happiness

Recently I read this article--

https://tinyurl.com/y8xvfjzw

https://tinyurl.com/y8xvfjzw


Its based on a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson--

 “The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”

Too many times we rely on things to make us happy.   Being useful makes me happy too.  Volunteering, making and donating quilts, cooking for others--these all make me happy.

What makes YOU happy?

~Lori1R in Nebraska~

2 comments:

Sara said...

That is a tough question for me right now. Sunshine makes me happy and I can explain my mental and emotional "slump" lately by pointing out endless days of rain and grey skies.

Mary Says Sew! said...

What a great thought. So simple. So good for the person sharing their talents, time and things, and for the person who receives them.

Thank you for helping me be useful by quilting and giving "boy quilts" to the young guys who need them.

(Too bad we have to TELL people to be useful!)

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...