Monday, June 17, 2019

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Yesterday I finished sewing the May Make It Modern project together.  The next time I am home I will quilt it.  

Pat helped me pull fabrics for my June Try A New Technique challenge.  There are very few techniques I haven't done, so I decided to do one I do not really like but produces beautiful results--Paper Piecing!


The Quilters World magazine is from June 2010.   I save old magazines and page through them for ideas all the time.  I'm linking with Oh Scrap, Love Laugh Quilt, Moving It Forward, and Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

Yesterday I practiced making cupcakes with my new oven.  

Banana Nut cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting.  Or you can say they are Banana Nut muffins with frosting.  More healthy to call them muffins!

Weekly Goals--

More binding
Start Paper Piecing project

That's all for this week, its a busy week.  

~Lori1R in Nebraska~

4 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Healthy cupcakes??? Whatever works!

Paper piecing is one thing I have never been able to wrap my brain around. So it goes without saying that if something is too small or too precise for regular piecing I just don't make it.

Do you ever lose your quilting or piecing mojo? I seem to go through that every so often.

Sara said...

Just noticed the "in Nebraska" - does that mean your camp site is actually on the Nebraska side of the river?

Those batiks are gorgeous, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Tired Teacher said...

A nice variety of batiks in gorgeous colors. I've done paper piecing but I don't enjoy it.

Kristina said...

I hope you like paper piecing. It can be fun once you get into the rhythm of sewing, trimming, etc. And the final results are wonderful!! Love your cupcakes, they look yummy. And I hope your shoulder is better. Ouch!! I can feel the pain!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...