Thursday, June 27, 2019

Thursday Update

Its been busy.  Last week we had "Pie Day".  I made two pies--a pecan and a buttermilk.  These were the entries--


I didn't win, Andrew won with a Banana Cream pie and Ashley was 2nd with a Coconut Cream Cheesecake with her secret ingredient (a little lime juice).  They were both VERY GOOD!  ROFL--the buttermilk pie was eyed with trepidation, but I liked it.  The flavoring was nutmeg, and I adore nutmeg!  It was basically a custard pie with lots of cream, sugar and eggs--what's not to like about that??


Here are the winners--Ashley and Andrew. Next month we are having Ethnic Food Day.  I am making a Cajun dish, I like Cajun cuisine! 

We had a visitor to the VC--


Hannah modeled the Pioneer clothing Lorrie2Rs made (Hannah is a former Ranger at the VC).  The dress up clothing is a popular spot in the VC.  There is usually lots of laughter from that section of the building!  

I've done very little sewing.  My shoulder is unhappy and I will probably need to see the Dr. again.  So no goals this week.  We're still having lots of rain, this morning was 2-3" of rain north of me and it was still raining.  Here at the camper we got a sprinkle and lots of thunder and lightning. I was worried about wind/hail in the night so I moved a few favorite plants under the picnic table.  The big hibiscus sheltered under the front of the 5th wheel.  Summer has finally arrived, it will be in the 80's today and possible 90's this weekend.  

Have a great week!

~Lori1R in Nebraska~

2 comments:

Sara said...

Take good care of that shoulder. I'm sure it's getting frustrating that it isn't healing as fast as you would like.

We were rudely awakened by thunder, lightning and rain about 3:30 this morning. But I don't think we actually got much rain out of it - not like those east of us did. I welcome the higher temps but don't like the humidity.

Tired Teacher said...

Lots of thunder yesterday, but thankfully no more rain. It's finally starting to warm up a bit which makes me happy. All the pies look tasty!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...