Saturday, July 13, 2019

Air Pruning

Gardeners have been hearing lots about air pruning.  Its using air to control the growth of a plant's roots in a container.  I tried it using old laundry baskets and some tulle--


This is a picture 10 days later--

They have grown like WEEDS!!  Planted in cheap potting soil using 3yo seed.  Old laundry baskets lined with green tulle.  Its been less than 3 weeks and they are BLOOMING.  I'll keep you updated on how much these plants produce.

~Lori1R in Nebraska~

3 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Amazing results for just three weeks

Sara said...

I've never heard of air pruning, but I'm very impressed with your results so far.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Wow! I'd never heard of air pruning, but now old laundry baskets will be a hot item.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...