Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Cool Wednesday Cinco de Mayo

A cool day here on the Missouri River.  Spring is slow getting here, its currently 59° and that might be the high.  Nights are chilly, I need a little heat on.  

There are the prettiest Crabapple trees beside my campsite--
loaded with flowers.  I hung bluebird houses, not sure if anyone will nest in them.  In the booth is a desk & chair--I sat there and pinned block parts together--
gives my hands something to do, otherwise I eat chocolate!  There is room in the booth for a small freezer--
I have some chicken, burger, roasts, and a whole beef brisket to smoke in it.  I put the chocolate in it, if I have to move everything from the top to get it out maybe I will eat less of it.  

Today is also Cinco de Mayo, so to celebrate I made--
Swedish meatballs?  Well, it was what I had thawed out.  

Have a great Cinco de Mayo!

Lori1R at the Prairie Workhouse on the Missouri River

4 comments:

Mary in SD said...

So glad to see you back on your blog and back to camping. What a hoot you have a freezer in your booth at the campground. But I'm sorry you're not at the campground closer to me this year. :'(

I hope the new knee works well for camping!

Mary in SD

Sara said...

Swedish meatballs - yum, yum, yum!! Looks like your campsite is gorgeous.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Love the flowering crabapple trees! I bet the bees are busy collecting pollen.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Nice to have a freezer there to keep things in, especially bulkier things that might take up too much space in the camper fridge. Does the booth have wifi & AC? Shoot, with that nice desk you could move a sewing machine in and piece those block during slow times!

I'd prolly stock that freezer with some ice cream! Maybe those cones with the chocolate & nuts on top in the good sugar cones. Or, maybe better not.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...