Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday Stash Report

Not very many weeks left, but that's OK! I busted a bit of fabric this week. I thought I had forgotten what a finish felt like. First, I finished a quilt using some of my FAVORITE brother in law Paul's mother's stash. I think I will name this quilt "Gingersnaps" because it has the cutest binding--it was a stripe I made on the bias so it winds along the edge like a barber pole.

You will recognize this quilt as Judy's pattern--Bears in the Farmhouse. Her's had quite a bit more for borders, but I was scraping the bottom when I was digging in Paul's mother's box for anything big enough to make borders. So I quit! I'd say this used about 6 yards, my sister bought the fleece on the back. Here is Paul with his quilt, now he has two and has to share with my sister! I like that Paul and Kathy can use the quilt and think of Paul's mother. More nostalgia!


And the other day I finished a "Happy Blocks" top, the only fabric I used of mine was the binding--so that used about 1/2 yd.

So now I am only -53.5 yds! But remember, I have at least three quilts ready to be finished, I may break even yet! Except for the bag of fabric I found yesterday (and can't for the life of me remember what it was for??!) I am happy with my purchases and what I've used. Wait, I almost forgot, I gifted some blocks from a swap--that used up at least another two yards. So now I'm -51.5 yds.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving--we ate, played cards, and had lots of fun! Tomorrow will be another day "for me"--I would like to string my Christmas lights, and load another quilt.

8 comments:

Scrappy-Quilter said...

wait you found a bag of fabric?? hmmm do you have a fabric fairy that leaves fabric for you ... lol ... I so enjoy your blog. Just love the Bears in the Farmhouse Quilt and the way you made it special. I did mine scrappy too and love how it came out.

Suzanne said...

You've been very busy! My quilt from the same pattern by Judy is still sitting in a pile!

Dianne B. said...

I love that sunshine-yellow sashing -- it's so cheerful! Your quilt came out great! Your BIL looks very pleased, too. :)

Nancy said...

Nice job on the Bears in the Farmhouse. You've captured a lot of memories and created new ones with this quilt.

SpinningStar said...

The quilt is great - mine is still at the top phase....maybe next year it will be quilted.

Liz

Sue H said...

Great Bears in the Farmhouse! It's always fun to see what others are working on.

Mary said...

What a great quilt -- I recognized it was a bear paw but not that it was from Judy's pattern.

I love quilts with lots of meaning like this one!

MightyMom said...

it's adorable!!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...