Friday, September 1, 2017

OMG for September

Time for a monthly goal.  Stashbusters is starting a September Squares challenge (use your charm squares, layer cakes etc) and I have a basket of 5" charms cut from scraps.  It has a lot of "unloved" fabrics in it and I think the Missouri Star Easy Hourglass will be a good place to use them.  I really liked the one Emily on Stashbusters made--


Thank you for the inspiration Emily!  Not sure how many blocks I need for a quilt, but will try to make 40 blocks for September.  I think this is a doable goal.  I'm linking to Elm Street Quilts OMG.

I love September.  The nights are cool, the days warm but not hot.  Everything is green and the flowers and gardens are producing.

~Lori in Nebraska~   

5 comments:

Sara said...

September is one of my favorite months as well, because of the warm days and cool nights. But I'm always a little sad to have summer end too.

I really like that Easy Hourglass idea. I also have a stack of leftover and unloved charm squares. You've got me thinking. . .

Tired Teacher said...

Like Sara, I'm thinking. . .my summer slipped away with dismal sewing accomplishments. I need to get my sewing room set up to sew again.

Patty said...

Such a fun pattern. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Sharon - IN said...

Looks like a great way to to some scrap busting with those 5" charms. Have fun!

quiltingbydawn said...

Love the scrappy look of this quilt! Nice challenge!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...