Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Weekly Update

Just a quick check in.  Last week I wanted to make more Easy Hourglass blocks--finished 52 of them.  This week I'm working on hand sewing binding down, my guild's quilt show in coming up.  One more to finish this week.

A few pictures--

 

I only have four tomato plants--two of them are producing like crazy! I LOVE tomato sandwiches!




The morning glorys are blooming--these are "Heavenly Blue" variety.  The color is almost a neon blue--the top photo is very true in color.  The flowers are almost the size of my palm.  These are grown in pots and I have them climbing a plastic netting that is 6 foot tall.  They grow to twelve foot easily as I have them planted at home also--climbing the pergola above the deck.  

Zebra mussels are becoming a problem here--



These pictures are of the irrigation system filters--water is pumped from the river to water the grass etc.  This filter was cleaned on Friday, and today is Wednesday.  All these mussels accumulated in FIVE days.  This is an invasive species that has become a nasty problem.  The solution--none yet.  

The Wooly Bear caterpillars are out--


This is the first one I have seen this fall.  

The days are unseasonably warm but winter will get here eventually.  I'm going to enjoy every last day I can!  

~LORI in Nebraska~

1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

Whoa, those Morning Glory blooms are HUGE!

Nothing better than a homegrown tomato. Enjoy.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...