Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Wednesday Update and OMG

Summer has LOTS of wildlife posts.  Yesterday was a Hoary Bat, a species we had not seen here before--


They are native to the area, we just hadn't seen any up close and personal like this!  Look carefully and you can see his ears, eyes and nose.  

My OMG for September was 40 more Easy Hourglass blocks.  The pile was pretty big so I recounted what I had.  


68 Easy Hourglass blocks.  So the total count is 140 (I had 72).  There are enough 4 patches for 96 more blocks.  Looks like I'll have enough blocks for TWO quilts.  OMG for September completed!  I'm linking up with Elm Creek Quilts.

Most the time I am pretty careful about which way my seams go.  But sometimes they get twisted--


Sometimes I fix them, sometimes I don't!   

It was a cold and rainy weekend, I made White Chicken Chili--



It was perfect for the rainy weekend.  

No goals this weekend, its a busy week.  Still on the list are the quilt labels for my guild show entries.  

~Lori in Nebraska~

4 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I made chicken noodle soup over the weekend - it's been cool and damp, so soup hit the spot.

The bat is an interesting looking fella.

Lisa J. said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful photo of the bat and congratulations on exceeding your September goal.

Patty said...

Quite a lot of blocks there. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Katie Z. said...

What a strange-looking bat! That's wonderful that you get to see so much wildlife. I get to hear the coyotes up close and personal right now; two nights ago they napped three chickens that wouldn't go up for the night. I see a herd of deer every morning on the way to school, which is new.

White chili is so good!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...