Monday, January 1, 2018

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

The Orange 30's project is coming along--


Some of the sashings are sewn on.  When the center is together I'll add the pieced borders.  I love this color--its 30's orange but I call it melon.  Where do you keep melon fabric?  


In the produce drawer!  Spritzed it with water and sealed in a plastic bag.  If its longer than a few days they go in the freezer.  The yellow for the ICC challenge is frozen.    I could have put it outside, its currently -14F.  Last night was -24F.  UGH!  COLD!!  Liz said it was cold at her house--I suggested she check this-


I gave her instructions on how to turn it up.  Aren't I a nice friend?  She lives in balmy Houston.   I'm linking to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts and Oh Scrap.

The days between Christmas and New Years were spent preparing for 2018.  I have four new starts--


Labeled project boxes!  I did lots of cutting and I'm ready to start sewing AFTER the orange project is together.  I did post this in my 2018 guidelines--

Finish a UFO before starting a new project

Its only been one day and I'm holding firm!

Weekly Goals--

Sew on the orange project
Cut more parts
RSC Light to Medium Blues

That will keep me busy.  Have a great week and a wonderful start to 2018!

~LORI~
 

1 comment:

Katie Z. said...

Good for you! You’re going to have lovely finishes and plenty of new stitching to keep you busy. Last night we had rain, sleet, and snow. Needless to say, it’s beastly outside.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...