Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year 2018

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 
 
 Its a new year, and I'm using my 2016 & 2017 Guidelines again--
 
2018 Guidelines

Refold/organize ONE cube/spot in my stash per month

Work on ONE UFO per month and move it One more step towards completion.  (add borders, set blocks into a top, etc)

Any piece of stash less than 9" WOF goes into the scrap box to be recut into usable units--noodles, 3.5" x 6.5" bricks, 5" charms.  

Finish a UFO before starting a new project (this one is a bit iffy)
I plan to participate in Design Wall Mondays, Stashbuster's UFO Challenge, Rainbow Scrap Challenge, ICC Challenge, and other internet fun.  Even Stash reports!  I may not post to each one every week--but I enjoy them. 

I plan to make quilts for donation and for family. 

I will participate in internet fun.  
I will remind myself its the PROCESS I love the most!
 
 My words for the year are ENJOY, FOCUS, and BALANCE!!

They have worked well for me, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"  I did add Focus and Balance to my words in 2016 & 2017 and I'm using them again in 2018.  I've learned a very helpful phrase--Just One Thing--JOT.  Even if you don't think you have time or don't feel like it, do JOT.  Wind bobbins.  Rip the mistake you laid to the side.  Press the blocks you pieced.  JOT can be locating a pattern, doing math, or making lists.  JOT is a task that might take 15 minutes.  Its a great tool, its used a lot.  I've been limiting my internet time and sewing more. 
 
 
These guidelines have worked well for me.  I have less UFOs.  More finished quilts.  And its been fun!   
 
Happy New Year!
 
~LORI~ 

3 comments:

Sara said...

Happy New Year Lori! Your practical guidelines are a great carry-over into the New Year. I've resurrected the word Focus for this year again, as I need to do just that.

Tired Teacher said...

JOT - I need to remember that. Wishing you a fantastic year!

swooze said...

Happy New Year! How many finishes and new flimsiest did you have last year? You seem more prolific than one a month. I’m always surprised at what I get done when I go back and look.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...