Monday, April 9, 2018

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

These blocks are on the wall--


19 red blocks and two r/w/b blocks.  A few blocks are hidden down lower.  This quilt was the inspiration--



I made red blocks instead of the dark blue.  So I laid the blocks out on a blue.  But, should I use a red instead?


What do you think?  I'm linking to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, Monday Making, Oh Scrap, and Moving it Forward.

Today I bought fabric.  A store near me is going out of business, the owner is retiring.  


A stripe, a two purples, a pink, a blue, a brown, some lights, and a red wide backing.  Not pictured (because it was already in the washer) is dark blue/white print wide backing.  Wide backings were $12@yard.  I can dye a wide backing but darker colors are harder to dye so I bought instead. 



The stripe is for a bias binding, this is the border print.  The brown is also for a binding.  I bought colors I need.  Five lights.  So my stash report will have additions next week.  

Weekly Goals--
Quilt Quilt Quilt!!!
Sew Binding
Borders on navy blue Irish chain 
Load #14
Same goals as last week.  I did finish quilting #13.  Whew!  
Its going to be a busy week.  Happy Quilting!
~Lori in South Dakota~

3 comments:

Miaismine said...

I really like how your blocks look with the blue background! They seem to "pop" more on blue! Pretty purchases! Have fun with the new fabric!

Judy Hansen said...

I like the blocks on either red or blue, but the blue gives it a little more contrast for me. Thanks for linking up with Design Wall Monday, Judy

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I kinda like the blue - but then I think I see all things in patriotic anymore ;-)

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...