Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Design Wall Monday on Tuesday

These blocks are on the design wall--


9" Churn Dash blocks.  I'd ordered the Accuquilt 9" Churn Dash die and I LOVE it!  So easy to cut and piece these blocks.  The two green on the left were "test" blocks using a scrap of green and natural muslin.  The six on the right are made using Island Batik fabrics.  FUN FUN FUN!!!

I finished quilting the pink 30's quilt, its stitched and trimmed, I'm taking it along to Lorri2Rs--she has pink 30's fabric for binding.  Next I put this top on the Princess--
It my April Island Batik Challenge project.  Its quilted and I sewed the binding on last night, just need to hand sew the binding down. 
No goals for this week, today I heading for 2Rs house for a few days of sewing.  Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I'm helping clean my mother in law's duplex, she has moved to a really nice Assisted Living.  

The snow is gone but we're still very wet.  It has rained a little so the lawn has a small lake in back again.  

Have a great week!

~Lori1R in South Dakota~


6 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

I always like Churn Dash blocks, can't go wrong with them. We had some rain here too, but not too much. I know the farmers are getting very antsy about getting planting under way so every dry, warm day is a blessing. Have fun at 2R's. I'm kind of coming out of a quilting slump. Returned a repair project to its owner as the fabric was just to rotten to hold stitches. Finished quilting a quilt for hubby's cousin's friend. (She brought me two more tops to do. LOL) Now I'm thinking about the top folded up in my closet that needs to be quilted and the two quilts that are still in the top stage.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

P.S. The dandelions are blooming so it must REALLY be Spring!!

Sara said...

Have fun at 2R’s and say hello from me. That blue quilt looks very interesting. Those churn dash blocks will make a lovely quilt.

Kathleen said...

Love what I am seeing of your batik quilt! The churn dash are coming along nicely too.

Kat Scribner said...

So sweet. The fabrics are lovely. So how are you enjoying the gocutter?

yee wai said...

Loved reading this thannks

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...