Saturday, February 15, 2020

RSC Saturday--Catch Up

This week I played catch up.  I made green and orange Churn Dash blocks--
Green Blocks
Orange Blocks
These went together easy peasy, I cut them from chunks with the Accuquilt 9" Monkey Wrench die.  A couple of those chunks came from the *ahem* floor of the She Shed.  Scrappy quilts are my favorite--there are no "rules".  If you look there is a Christmas fabric, a batik, a Civil War repro, brights, and a baby novelty with giraffes on it.  They all play together nicely.  Don't worry about picking fabrics that they "might" not go together.  Those bright zinger fabrics might stick out if there are only one or two of them.  Add a few more--they become "normal".  Please see what everyone is working on at SoScrappy.

We survived the polar blast this week, and its going to be a warm weekend.  What will you be doing?  I'm going to sew!

Lori1R in South Dakota

10 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great job on the catch up work, Lori!! I agree with your scrap quilt formula. Use ALL the fabric! :o))

maggie fellow said...

The more interesting the scraps the more interesting the quilt.

Sara said...

Great churn dash blocks. Scrappy is the best. Wishing I could sew this weekend, but hopefully on Monday.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your churn dashes are great! I love the pretty colors on the crisp white background. And I agree with you about scrappy quilts - they're so fun because anything goes!

scraphappy said...

So many great fabrics. They all seem to go together perfectly.

Katie Z. said...

Your blocks look beautiful. How’s your shoulder/arm behaving? We had a polar something or other here too, Single digits three mornings in a row!

Susie H said...

Love the churns! I think they would play nicely with my Awespome blocks. Warming up down here in southern IL too this weekend. Enjoy!!

Deb A said...

Beautiful blocks and I am so glad I am not the only one that *cough, cough* might pick up some scraps from the floor! I agree with the zingers... add a few more and they add that special quality that makes the quilts sing.

Cathy said...

That's why I love scrap quilts too...no decisions about which fabrics to use. All scraps live together harmoniously in a quilt.

Unknown said...

According to Stanford Medical, It's indeed the SINGLE reason this country's women get to live 10 years more and weigh on average 42 lbs lighter than we do.

(Just so you know, it is not related to genetics or some secret diet and absolutely EVERYTHING related to "HOW" they eat.)

BTW, What I said is "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

Tap on this link to determine if this quick test can help you unlock your true weight loss potential

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...