Monday, October 5, 2020

Design Wall Monday

Naragansett Green (Naragansett Blues/Bonnie Hunter) has all its rows sewn together--
If you see a turned block--please tell me!  I've put it back in its project box while I ponder borders.  Next I pulled two more project boxes out of the closet--
This project box has 56 9" finished Churn Dash blocks in it with the precut background.  Which muslin background I used is written on the note.  The other blocks are Around and Around, the block directions plus more background is in there too.  Hmm, not today.  Something easy!  Bricks and Stepping Stones!  Its a favorite scrappy pattern (Bonnie Hunter), you can see more notes--the baggie has 108 black/white 4 patches plus a big pile of bricks.  Should I feel like putting more together, there are plenty of b/w 4 patches and 318 bricks cut from scrap taming earlier this year.  I sewed enough Bricks and Stepping Stones in vertical rows for a boy size quilt.  (Turned the pic to fit the page).  There are 176 Bricks and 4 patches, 22 vertical rows.  

Starting Tuesday I will work every day until the campground closes on the 19th.  Sigh.  I'm not ready for camping season to end!


Lori1R in Nebraska

10 comments:

Nann said...

The Narragansett design worked up so well in green, Lori! Both that and its Bricks & Stepping Stones cousin are on my want-to-do list.

AnnieO said...

Love your green version--I made one in browns for my uncle a couple of years ago. Such a great mind that Bonnie shares with us. Bricks and Stepping Stones is another on my list. Have fun piecing.

cityquilter grace said...

very nice...that pattern is so conducive to many color schemes....i'm doing the blues...and have been tempted by bricks and stepping stones as well...can't wait to see yours!

Sara said...

Your green quilt turned out beautifully. Great job! Somewhere I have a small container with a few bricks and stepping stone blocks. Wonder where that is hiding?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE that Bonnie quilt in greens!!!

Sharon said...

I always love the combination of colors you put together, and your quilts are great. I'm sure the boys love receiving them. I totally agree with you on wishing camping season was not over so soon. I really missed August and September.

Mary in SD said...

I don't see any out-of-place blocks, but I certainly see a gorgeous quilt!

Bonnie said...

Oh Naragansett Green looks wonderful. I don't think I could tell if you have anything turned or not! I may need to pull that pattern out and give it a look see. I have a bunch of 4 patches that might be able to be used in that pattern. I've made bricks and stepping stones once. It might be time to put it back on a list to do when I'm looking for something new... (or older and start anew!) Hope you can get it done soon. It looks like you are well on your way.

maggie fellow said...

green is a good color for NB. I am digging in project boxes myself. I really like your projects,

Moneik said...

I'm not ready for camping season to end either, but hubby blew it out this weekend, so I guess we're done for this year.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...