Saturday, November 28, 2020

I Have A Finish/RSC Saturday

This fall I finished a quilt, the Jacob's Ladder--
It's a big quilt, 88x94 or close to that.  The border is a dark purple.  The backing is flannel I dyed what I call "tired grape".
Quilted with the panto Teeter Totter.  I made these blocks over several months, the HST in each block were whatever the RSC color was that month.  Very scrappy, whatever odds & ends I found.  I didn't want a square quilt so added the picket fence at the top and bottom.  (Its hanging sideways on the fence).  How much fabric?  16 yards I'll guess, lots of piecing.  I'm linking to SoScrappy.

Lori1R in South Dakota

5 comments:

swooze said...

Love it!

Nann said...

The picket fence extension is excellent! I often fret about how to rectagularize square quilts without making another row that may throw off the symmetry. I will try to remember this.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love it!!!

Bonnie said...

Nice job. I'm trying to figure out what was the block. I made one earlier this year and mine doesn't look like two blocks were used like yours does. I'm assuming it is one block but there are squares in the opposite corners? Curious minds and all that! Isn't great to get a big project done?

Sandi1100 said...

Beautiful! Now I want to make one but really need to finish some more UFOs.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...