Sunday, August 27, 2017

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

This week was all about new starts.  There is limited stash to work with at the camper, but I did cut a tote of 2.5" strips.  They have been a LIFE SAVER!!  A new start is Stoplight--


40 blocks are made.  First I cut 4 - 6.5" strips, then I sewed the leftover parts of the strips into strip sets of four.  I cut 8.5" rail fence blocks, then cut the remainder into 2.5" strips.  Next I sewed them end to end then picked them apart every three squares to make the centers for the Stoplight blocks.  Voila!  All the bits are used!  WIN WIN WIN!!  I'm linking up with Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework and Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

Weekly Goals--

Stoplight blocks
Rail Fence blocks
Sew some binding

Its the last week of August and I'm not ready for summer to end!

~LORI in Nebraska~

4 comments:

Sara said...

I'm not ready for summer to end either even though I love fall weather.

My quilting mojo - or maybe my mojo in general - is at a low point right now. I'm quite amazed at all the creative ways you are using your scraps. I'm about ready to throw mine out, or donate them to someone who might make good use of them. Even after sorting them, those scraps are still overwhelming me a bit.

Moneik said...

I'm at the lost mojo point too Sara. I'm ready for fall and things to slow down a bit so I can sew.

PaulaB quilts said...

That's a great way to use those scraps and have something to do at the campground. Good for you!

Nann said...

Having a limited assortment can be such a boost to creativity! Your stoplight blocks are a super stashbuster. Enjoy these last summer days . . .

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...