Saturday, August 26, 2017

Rainbow Scrappy Saturday--Neutrals!

August is neutrals--so I used white squares in a new start--


Jelly Roll Twist!  Its a free pattern, I used 2.5" strips from my strip box and white 5" squares.  I made enough blocks for a twin size quilt (75x90") in one day.  Please see what everyone else is working on with neutrals at SoScrappy.

Friday was a long busy day volunteering.  When I got home I put my feet up and--


Moustache didn't want to be left out, he must have had a long cat day--


It was an empty bottle but he had to taste it anyway!  

Have a great weekend! 

~Lori in Nebraska~

12 comments:

Sheila said...

That's a cute pattern! Looks like a good way to use up scrappy 2.5" strips!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like that pattern! Thanks for the link to it!

scraphappy said...

Enough blocks for a quilt in one day? Sounds like a very productive day. Well deserved refreshment.

Tired Teacher said...

Strip sets make the blocks quick and easy, huh?

Some days a little refreshment hits the spot.

Sara said...

You make sure good use of your scraps. I'm impressed with all of the ideas you have. Since sorting my scraps I've only made a couple of string blocks and then got sidelined with other things.

The Joyful Quilter said...

NEUTRALS and strip scraps, HOORAY!! Thanks for the pattern link. Being able to make enough blocks for a twin sized quilt in a single day is some speedy piecing!

maggie fellow said...

great pattern thanks for sharing

Kate said...

You got a good start on your new project. I love the photo of the cat. I guess cats have their bad days too.

Charlene S said...

Me-new has to taste what ever I am drinking only she tries to get her taste in first!

Suzanne said...

What a great pattern...thanks for sharing the link.

Suzanne said...

We had a cat also named me-new, but we spelled it Minou (French)!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Lovely blocks!!!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...