Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Design Wall Monday on Tuesday

Over the weekend I sewed with a group of Nebraska ladies at a retreat.  We stayed at Camp Moses Merrill in Linwood Nebraska.  Wonderful facilities, good food, and quilters--it was a perfect weekend.  I worked on Honeycomb--


First I made the triple 9 patch blocks-I needed 28 of them.  Next I worked on the alternate blocks--these used 4 patches--


I used brown, orange, green, blue and purple in the blocks.   All the 4 patches are made and I have the background pieces cut.  It just needs assembling now.  The pattern called for 1.5" strips but I used 2" strips, I liked the final quilt but wanted it a bit bigger.  These strips were pulled from my tote of 2" strips cut from scraps and stash.   My goal is to have it put together completely by January 15th.  I'm linking with Oh Scrap, Monday Making, and Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, and Free Motion by the River.  

This week is full of volunteering.  Soon we'll have to take the camper home--that's always a depressing job.  I MISS volunteering--going home ushers in cold weather and winter--not my favorite time of year!

~Lori1R in Nebraska~

4 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Geeze, I never even heard of Linwood, NE (guess I'm a poorly informed Nebraskan LOL) but a retreat sounds good.

When the winter cold sets in you can sew, sew, sew. That and reading are probably the two best things about winter.

Tired Teacher said...

I like the Nine-Patch blocks together without the alternate blocks, too. Nine-looking quilt

beth s said...

What a GREAT nine patch design. love it.

Susan said...

I miss being on the road. I think about buying a tiny little trailer just me sized and going out now and then, but I haven't so far. Your blocks are wonderful and I'm glad you are putting in the alternate blocks. I liked the way that looked from the retreat photos.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...