Friday, September 28, 2018

Friday Updates

A few updates here.  The clematis I think is a Niobe




The lighter stripe in the center of the petals matches that variety.  The Lays potato chip people have sent me a nice letter saying they are following up on the glove I found in my bag.  


Tracking it to the point of manufacture.  Profuse apology.  They also sent me oodles of coupons.  But the Reinhart Food Service--NADA!  No response like they promised.  I wonder if they followed up at all on this driver/incident?  Very disappointing. 


And Tuesday while at HyVee (local grocery store) a car drove through the pedestrian crossing in front of me.  I yelled "that's a stop sign *******"!!  I apologize to everyone who might have heard me.  He stopped at the first stop sign (there are two crossings, one for each door) did he think that meant he didn't have to stop at the second one?  

Last night I practiced using the convection oven.  I found a recipe for "Slab Apple Pie".


It turned out pretty good, except the bottom crust is a bit soggy.  I followed the recipe with no changes.  

No sewing so far this week.  Volunteering, laundry, and staying warm is all I've been doing.  A little heat is on in the camper, its a bit chilly.  I am not ready for cold weather!   I am buried under tomatoes, who knew five plants could produce so many fruits.  

I'm trying to look forward to being "home" and sewing.  Hard for me to do, I enjoy the summer so much!  But I am planning new starts and finishing others.  

Are you "into" fall?  Do you have some sewing planned?  What is your favorite part of fall?  

~Lori1R in Nebraska~

7 comments:

Sara said...

I generally love fall, especially the cooler temps and the colors. And I always looked forward to the new school year when I was still in the classroom. As a teacher it was a time for starting new with lots of possibilities.

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

I can't believe that Reinhart hasn't responded to your situation at all. Some companies just fail when it comes to customer service.

Sandi1100 said...

I like fall but hate thinking about what comes next. I'm not planning any new starts right now although there are a couple patterns that I would like to make. I'm trying to get some UFO's finished. Several are in the piecing stage and 3 need to be quilted on my dsm. That's what I dislike the most.

Suzanne said...

I usually love Summer, but this year has been almost too warm with no rain. I am looking forward to cooler temps and maybe some moisture. Fall puts me into a "stay home and sew-read" mood.

Susan said...

Fall is sort of here, but not fully engaged yet. We are still have 80s at least the next ten days. Trees are starting to change at the high passes, but not a lot yet. I'm doing a little fall sewing for the Pick a Pumpkin blog hop. =) Too bad about the pie, it looks very good.

Moneik said...

I love fall. The cooler temps, shorter days, and school in session. I'm excited to go to retreats and finish up some UFOs. I've done so well this year on my list, I might even start a new project for me.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...