Tuesday, September 18, 2018

What we found in the camper on Sunday night

There's lots of wildlife here.  Sunday night Ken was staring at the floor and said "Quick--come catch him"!!  It was a tree frog!  How he got in the camper I don't know but there he was.  I put him in an ice cream bucket and took him with me to the Visitor Center the next morning so I could take pictures.  Karla was ready with the camera, I was supposed to catch him.  Well I did, sorta!!

Common Gray Tree Frog
Yes, he jumped out of the bucket and and landed on my face.  He climbed up on my nose and he decided it was a good place to survey the neighborhood. After his photo session I took him outside to the flower pots--

He was very happy there and quickly disappeared in the thick foliage.

No sewing but I'm preparing for a retreat with Dee from Nebraska on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  I am really looking forward to it!

Over the weekend was our 40th wedding anniversary.  As Ken describes it "40 years of pure wedded bliss!"  And then he laughs!  How did we spend our anniversary?  Peeling apples!  We peeled 80 cups of apples and froze them, enough for 12 pies and I made two apple cobblers.  And there are still apples left over.  I'm committed to baking apple pie once a month for the next year.  

~Lori1R in Nebraska~

7 comments:

Sara said...

Happy anniversary! Enjoy those apple pies. You can celebrate the anniversary every month with a pie.

Elaine Adair said...

Somehow, my photo of you with your feet, nicely pedicured, inside the combine, do not match my imagined image of what you really look like. the little tree frog doesn't quite match your lipstick! LOL Glad I have your blog again. You had quite an assortment of critters lately, animal, amphibian, insect, and even human. Nice. 8-))) And Happy Anniversary - I just passed my 20 yr for "this life."

Tired Teacher said...

Happy Anniversary

Yikes, that's a LOT of apple peeling, but the pies will be tasty in the middle of winter. Have fun at your sewing retreat.

Suzanne said...

Happy Anniversary to you two! Enjoy your weekend of creating too.

Quilty Constance said...

That picture gives new meaning to Frog Face. LOL

شركة المثالية said...



شركة المثالية للتنظيف

افضل شركة خدمات منزلية بالمنطقة الشرقية متخصصة في
تنظيف المنازل
تنظيف الشقق
تنظيف الفلل
تنظيف البيوت
تنظيف المجالس
تنظيف المطاعم
تنظيف الكنب
تنظيف السجاد
تنظيف الموكيت
تنظيف الخزانات
تنظيف المسابح
تقدم جميع خدمات النظافة الشاملة مع التعقيم والتلميع ومكافحة الحشرات خصم 30% بالمنطقة الشرقية

Susan said...

That is one lot of apples! Happy 40 years! You two must be about 8 years younger than Paul and I, as this year would be our 50th anniversary. I guess it still is, but he isn't here to peel apples with me. LOL

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...