Sunday, December 10, 2023

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena, and Shingles.  I need a pneumonia booster yet.  I wanted as many vaccines at once because if I had a reaction(s) I wanted to get it over with.  One day of fever, aches, tired, and headache.  That was it.  

We moved my sewing, I have a SHE SHED!  Its the cargo trailer we haul the RZR etc in.  The RZR is sitting outside with the cover on.

Its 16ft long, not sure how wide.  I have lights, a design wall, cutting table, small pressing table.  A comfy rolling chair.  Its get chilly in New Mexico, I have a small electric heater.  But for the cold days I have this--

A propane heater.  A 20# propane bottle fits inside and it has push button ignition.  Low, medium and high setting.  On low yesterday it got up to 82° inside.  Don't worry, the trailer has two air vents on the side, and the side door is covered with heavy clear vinyl attached with velcro--an electric cord comes in there.  All the lights are LED, and I don't use enough power to trip the breaker.  The electric heater is under the sewing table--it keeps my legs and feet warm set on low.  

I have been doing lots of sewing.  Today I finished this flimsy--

Churn Dashes and Greek Crosses--all cut with the same Accuquilt die--a 9" Churn dash.  Can you see the value/placement of the darker Greek Crosses?  They come to the front because they are darker than the light Churn Dashes around them.  I want to say "planned design" but it was really "happy accident" when I was playing with them on the design wall.  I think I have another set of these blocks.  

After working all summer I said I was going to sew all winter!  Lori1R in New Mexico


2 comments:

Sara said...

Good for you - your own sewing space!!

The Greek Cross is an interesting variation of those churn dash units. New to me, and I like how it looks. That's really pretty.

Kim said...

Very creative quilt studio setup! I like what happened with your quilt block layout and I like that you’ll have all winter to sew. New Mexico is a beautiful place. We spent a month in the Cochiti Lake community near Santa Fe and loved our time to explore.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...