Its been a busy week. Just not much sewing. A Bricks and Stepping Stones project has been worked on but no pictures.
Volunteering has started, this is where I am most the time--
Sitting at the front desk. A comfy chair, my laptop, and a phone to the left. When I walk to the Visitor Center this is my view to the west--
Releasing a little extra water due to snow melt in the Rockies. Most the time all the water comes through the power plant to produce electricity.
Dyeing fabric is fun! Liz is adventurous and often does "dye art". Here is a backing she made--
Liz shared how she did her project.
I started with 5 yards of light beige TOT quilting cotton.
Soaked in soda ash.
Since I had Forest Green and Lemon Yellow as my Procion dyes, that is what I used.
Twice as much yellow to the green was the ratio used.
Fan folded, loosely, the fabric lengthwise and put it into a cramped container.
Poured the mixed dye slowly over the fabric.
After soaking the desired time, squeezed, let it batch for a few days.
Machine washed and dried.
Decided that the undyed areas of beige were too prominent.
Used Pebeo paint extremely watered down with a sponge brush to apply the pale blue to the undyed areas, sloppily.
Because I did not want to change the hand of the fabric, the paint needed to be the viscosity of water.
Let it sit for about a week, heat set with a hot iron, machine wash and dry.Relish in your efforts and admire the outcome VBG
Liz's backing turned out so pretty! I am going to have to try this!
I'll busy through Saturday so probably not much sewing.
~Lori in Nebraska~