Sunday, May 20, 2018

Back Again

Its been a busy month of May.  At the end of April we helped move my inlaws into a smaller home, one with lawn care and snow removal.  Then began the process of sorting out what was left in the old house.  My FIL had been in frail health (Alzheimers) and had become too weak to walk and been falling.  More than my MIL at 84yo could cope with.  So Ken and his sister helped move him into local nursing home.  That was late Thursday afternoon and on Friday he suddened passed away.  The funeral was on Tuesday, he was 89yo.  We all miss him dearly.  


Ken, Marvin, Laura Beth and Boys


Marvin was a gifted storyteller.  I remember this story started with "when I was a little boy I lived on a farm and had a dog..."  The boys had never seen anyone draw and tell a story like that before.

During this we moved the camper to Nebraska.


Mostly set up and the lilacs are blooming.  Sure makes me feel good to smell them.  

In all this I still managed a little quilting.  


All the tops that I've quilted have bindings sewn to them, I can work on them in the camper.

I'll post more when I have some time.

~Lori1R in Nebraska~


8 comments:

Mary-Kay said...

So sorry for your loss. Your grandkids looked like they really enjoyed great grandpa's stories. Let's hope they remember them when they get older.

Sara said...

I’m so sorry for your loss. Hopefully good memories will overpower any negative ones from his illness.

Suzanne said...

Remember all the good times you had with him. The Great Grandpa-grandchild photo is so perfect.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. It sure looks your FIL enjoyed the great-grandsons. I hope they remember his stories when they get older.

You camper looks like a palace on wheels! Plenty of room to move around in there. Hope you enjoy your summer at Gavins Point.

sewspeciallady said...

You are amazing getting all that done. Hope to visit you soon in Yankton. Binding pile looks like alot of meetings to come with your comfortable chair.Prayers for the whole family.

Tired Teacher said...

My deepest sympathy to your family. He left the children with some wonderful stories and memories.

Katie Z. said...

I’m sorry for your and Ken’s loss.

You’ve sewed a lot since I last checked in!

Nann said...

I'm sorry for your family's loss, Lori. Quilting can be therapeutic in stressful times. How is your MIL doing?

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...