Friday, March 1, 2019

A Magnificent Mini

February's project for Island Batik Ambassadors was "Magnificent Minis".  I've never made a mini quilt, so I took my cue from the suggested size of the project--24"x24" or smaller.  


A Pineapple Wall Hanging!  It finishes 13"x20".  Simple outline and diagonal quilting.   I used a pattern called "Pineapples" from Quilt Country in Lewisville TX for my inspiration.  The pattern is no longer available, I've seen it as a free pattern recently but can't find the link anymore.  An assortment of luscious batiks were used in this wall hanging and a neutral batik for background.  

Pineapples are symbols of many things, I chose it to welcome you to my blog and Island Batiks.  Hobbs Thermore batting made a nice flat finish.  Thank you Island Batik and Hobbs for the opportunity to create with your products!

~Lori1R in South Dakota~

PS--I was given these items by Island Batik and Hobbs

5 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Looks like you will have lots of creative fun as an Island Batiks Ambassador.

Sara said...

Your mini turned out adorable. Love the dresden plate leaves.

compusword said...

Wow, congratulations on becoming a Island Batik ambassador! The pineapple piece is just too cute.

Dawn said...

I am totally LOVING the whole look you gave this pineapple!! The fabrics are yummy.

BarefootThunder said...

fabulous mini.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...