Saturday, March 9, 2019

RSC Saturday 9 GREEN

Green!  Lovely lovely Green!  8 more blocks made this week--


There are lots more parts cut for green blocks.  Green is my favorite color!

Tuesday I had a "Grandma" phone call.  Max's daycare lady's family had the flu, the intestinal kind.  Nick and Laura Beth tag teamed each other on Tuesday, but there are only so many sick/personal days two working parents have.  Tuesday night I got there and spent Wednesday and Thursday with Max.  He's pretty easy to babysit--


A tablet and he's happy for a LONG time.  We ate out for lunch and on the way home we stopped at Fly Boy Donuts.  It was 12:30pm and they close at 2:00pm.  We ordered a dozen donuts and they gave us another dozen--FREE! 



They were enjoyed by the whole family!  And of course he hit Grandma up for something else--

Strawberry flavored "Monkey Milk".  Max drank it, I took his word that it was good.   Nick had Friday off so I was able to beat the bad weather home.  The next couple weeks only has sewing on the calendar!  I'm linking with SoScrappy.

Its been two weeks since arm surgery.  Its slowly getting better.  I hope to be able to rotary cut tomorrow.  

~Lori1R in South Dakota~

5 comments:

Sara said...

What a cutie he is!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Max sure is a cute guyand those donuts sure look good too. I think I spy a raspberry jelly donut!

Hope your arm lets you rotary cut soon. I'm getting in the mood to cut some blocks. I like to have a bunch cut for a long term project so I can just sit down and sew when the mood strikes. I'm looking at Garden Party by Bonnie Hunter.

I hear there might be another storm moving in Tues. & Wed. Yuck! What did we do to make Mother Nature so pissed off?!? We lucked out on the last couple, they either went south or north. Winter just needs to be over.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Grandma to the rescue!! I love it!! what a cutie he is!! Happy sewing

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lucky kids!! Most families aren't call Grandma911. Glad to hear that you and Max had fun!

scraphappy said...

Looks like Max had a great time with donuts and monkey milk. Sounds like a winning combination. Hope your arm is all better soon. Rotary cutting helps everything go faster.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...