Tuesday, September 1, 2020

OMG September

For September I'm going to work on the YoYo quilt.  I had put it aside to work on bindings but would like to finish it in 2020.  Here is a current pic--
It needs eight more "blocks".  512 more yoyos.  8.88 yds of fabric.  I will try to make 250 yoyos this month.  Ken brought my 5" charm box with him, I will work from it.  But the last "round" on each block uses more than 1/2 yd of one fabric.  2,880 yoyos total.  Each yoyo is handled a minimum of 4x, once to make the yoyo, and all yoyos are stitched to the next yoyo on three, or most of them four sides.  I'm not tired of it, I enjoy the mindless stitching.  The plan is to set it on point.  It's very sturdy, the yoyos are more square than round, lots of hand stitching holding them together.  I'm linking to Elm Street Quilts OMG.  

Do you draw diagrams when making a quilt?  I do!
The different colors just make it easier to "see" the pattern,  I am a visual learner.  The VARK model explains them--visual, auditory, reading/writing, and kinesthetic.  I also use reading/writing to learn.  Do you know which type you are?  

A current pic of my campsite--
Only eight weeks left this summer.  Can we start over with May again?

Lori in Nebraska

6 comments:

Elle said...

I'm a kinesthetic!

Sara said...

Oh - that will be stunning!! Wow!! I used to be pretty solid Reading/Writing learner. But as an older adult I've become more of a Visual learner. This was part of the interesting challenge of being a teacher - reaching all of those types of learners with each lesson.

Mary in SD said...

I'm a visual learner, with reading and writing coming close behind in a supporting role. That should come as no surprise to you!

Love the campsite! Do you have a cactus growing on the right side of the line of plants?

Mary in SD

Jayne J said...

How is the war going? My aunt made a beautiful yo-yo quilt that ahe used asa bedspread. Yours is truly gorgeous.

swooze said...

Eight.? I thought you’d have snow soon!

Patty said...

Happy sewing! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...