Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Would you believe.....

I recently started using online ordering of groceries. 
Today was my 2nd effort.  I was combining three errands--hauling a friend's large canoe to our house to be picked up later, taking extra fabric and other items I won't use the rest of the year in the camper home, and picking up groceries.  When you place your online order you have to send a vehicle description (red pickup) and pick a time slot (2-3pm).  You park in designated spots and call to say you are waiting, which spot, and your name.  Sounds easy!  Okay, I am driving a BIG red pickup, pulling a 16 ft canoe.  
I call, tell them I am parked in spots 5 to 8, red pickup & pulling a canoe.  
I watch a blue pickup pulling a kayak park down the row.  The grocery person brings my groceries to my truck, verifies my last name, loads my groceries in the back seat.  Still sounds great, right?  I decide to drop my groceries back at the camper.   Pull out the first bag.  ???? Look in rest of bags.  ????  Not my groceries!!!  I call the store and explain.  I am on hold quite a while.  Much apologizing by store.  Would I mind coming back to the store to get my order?  Sure, but what do I do with the wrong order?  I was told to keep it, they do not take it back.  Gee, I hoped they had ordered ribeyes and expensive booze, maybe some chocolate??!  No, but did get 8 porkchops, popcorn, and a six pack of Dr Pepper.  Other asorted items.  Why the mixup?  Remember the pickup pulling kayak?  They had the SAME LAST NAME, said they were pulling a boat, and had bought about same amount of groceries!  We had picked same pickup time.  I wonder what they thought of some items in my order?  A whole pineapple, Cheetoes, a case of Coke, ONE PARSNIP!  I hoped they laughed as hard as I did!  

Lori1R in Nebraska

4 comments:

Sara said...

LOL What are the odds? That is really funny! I got one extra bag about 2 weeks ago - along with my own order. The extra bag was actually full of junk food snacks, so I'm guessing that person was very disappointed to be missing their chips and cookies.

swooze said...

Hysterical!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Quite a story! Red vs. blue pickup. Long canoe vs. kayak. But to have the same last name...far out!!! But you did get some free pork chops. Have to look on the bright side. The other folks probably shook their heads over that lone parsnip. :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

NO WAY!!! That is just too funny!!!! ( are you related? you could have had a bbq!!)

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...