Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday Stash Report

Okay, let's get THAT out of the way. No change in the stash report. -10 yards.

But, I KNOW you think I've been slacking off. So I took pictures of a FEW things I did this week.

Yesterday I cooked and canned pumpkin, 17 jars. And made pumpkin pie bars and muffins--sent some of the baking home with my sister for her and my dad. See that big white bucket beside the jars--I noticed I was low on laundry soap, so I made a batch of homemade before I went to bed.




And after I made the soap I wasn't tired anymore, so decided to sew.

If you look carefully, left to right, there are 9 patches with tan sashings, the pink baby top, the navy blue/white stepping stones set into rows, underneath it is Alycia's #2 not so top secret quilt (needs some "unsewing") and the two boxes on the sewing cabinet arm--one holds bricks I cut (I HAD hoped to take some to Linda) and another set of 9 patches for MY quilt. And remember, I have another set of b/w bricks and stepping stones on ANOTHER wall sewn into rows. That is SIX quilts I can count in various stages of putting together. ROFL If I get them finished before the end of the year (and yes I plan to try to) then I think I might break 100 yards! All those quilts except the baby quilt are full size or bigger.

I filled an entire 40 gallon garbage can with batting bits and trimmings while cleaning my cutting room. I have a whole basket of noodles, and my bricks basket if at least half full AGAIN. The shelf cubes are looking much more empty.

11 comments:

Donna said...

You'll have a huge bust when you finish all those quilts. Can't wait to see your progress!

Vicki W said...

You have been very busy!

SpinningStar said...

Hmm... a garbage can to store all those scraps of batting. That's a great idea, since I just have bags of scraps stuffed into the closet. It makes sense since i am starting to work on my fabric scraps into something manageable.

Now, to look around the house for something like a can, before I go out to buy one.

liz

Kare said...

OK, so now I am both tired and hungry after reading your post! Wow, you have been really, really busy, keep it up!

Howdy said...

Gee I'd leave a comment but I'm tired from reading all you've done... I'm gonna go take a nap! LOL

Quiltin' LibraryLady said...

Now,now....you SAW the pictures of my stash. We need to find someone who really NEEDS those extra bricks...and then maybe I can slip her a few too!!!

Ugh, I don't like the looks of that snow. We had some the other day and I wouldn't be surprised if we get some tonight. My question is, "What happened to Fall?"

MightyMom said...

very nice!! but don't forget to schedule SLEEP in there somewhere!! haha

Dianne B. said...

You have been such a busy bee! That pumpkin pie looks so yummy, and your design wall looks "delicious", too! You've got me all inspired to work hard today! :) Take care, Dianne

Carmi said...

Wow, such accomplishments! How did you can 17 jars of pumpkin? I'd be interested in your process. I got two pumpkins ready for a pie yesterday and just getting the seeds and such out was a hassle. My hat's off to you!

Jen said...

Would you mind sharing your homemade laundry soap recipe? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Shirley said...

Your homemade soap also got my interest. I do hope you will share the process.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...