Friday, February 26, 2010

Motivation Friday


Time to check on my goals.  This week I did a lot of things that weren't quilty.   I started quilting on my pink isolette cover.  Not done, but at least it's started.  I worked on the string blocks, they are all together.  Right now the top is about 60x70", do you think it needs a little border, or should I leave well enough alone??


 

And then I since I had to take them down to take the string picture, I put the last sashings on my 9 patches from an OLD swap.  I am thinking I will leave the sashings as the edges, but they are a light color.  A border here?   What do you think--this top is already quite big 93x103".   I may take this apart into two tops, I'll think about it.

 
 
Don't worry, all the top didn't fit in the picture!  I think there are 85 9 patches.  The sashing is a very light apricot color.  

I am hoping to finish quilting the pink top and have time to make some binding.  

So please, give me your opinion on borders, I need some opinions!


7 comments:

Julianne's Machine Quilting said...

I say no border on the 9 patch. If you really want a border on the string top you could use a dark blue or some color that is dominate in the top. It really is fine with out a border but if you want one make it dark.

Kathie said...

String quilt I think a colorful binding would be all it needs. I personally would make the 9 patches into two quilts and put borders on them but that is just my taste.

Kathie L.

pdudgeon said...

i would add two more rows to the string quilt to make it 60 x 80--perfect size for a twin sized bed,and bind it in navy blue.
the 9 patch quilt only needs a binding in a shade slightly darker than the sashing.

both of these are beautiful quilts!

Quiltin' LibraryLady said...

Another great string quilt. I ALWAYS like them. Guess I'm just a scrappy kinda girl. And doesn't it make you feel good to use up all those great fabrics? Even the ones you don't know what you'd do with otherwise.

Brenda said...

A border on the string would be nice - a place for the eye to rest a minute.
I like the 9-patch just as is!! I would just say done and that's it!! I like a large quilt sometimes, and this looks good the way it is.
Have a great weekend!!!!

Becky said...

Ok. You asked for opinions. I would not put a border on the string quilt. It looks wonderful as it is.I would add a border or two to the 9 patches. Good luck with your goals!

MightyMom said...

throw both those babies on the machine and QUILT them then call em done! forget about borders or whatnot.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...